Welcome to Year 5
Welcome to Year 5 and the Autumn Term!
Mr Johnson and Miss Ratcliffe are our class teachers and Mrs Wallwork, Mrs Coker, Mrs Firth and Mrs Sherrington also work with us during the week. On Wednesdays we have Mrs Savin and Miss Torra who teach us and PE and French.
Autumn Term Theme – ‘Quests’
Our theme for the Autumn Term is entitled ‘Quests’.
We will be using a selection of Inspirational Texts as a way of engaging with our school curriculum through exciting tales of adventure:
• ‘Journey’ by Aaron Becker
• ‘Running on the Roof of the World’ by Jess Butterworth
• ‘Pablo & Jane and the Hot Air Contraption’ by Jose Domingo
• ‘The Red Prince’ by Tom Clohosy Cole and Charles Jubb
• ‘The Many Worlds of Albie Bright’ by Christopher Edge
• ‘Queen of the Falls’ by Chris Van Allsburg
Look out for updates on our Twitter feed to follow some of our learning throughout this term: @GorseyY5
This half term we will have PE on a Tuesday and Wednesday, but try to have your kit in school every day just in case.
Home Learning is set on a Wednesday and is due on the following Monday. The children will be given a slip outlining the task. Advice, guidance and helpful links will be given on the Home Learning slip but if you require additional information please contact Mr Johnson or Miss Ratcliffe.
The children should also read their Reading, Library and Guided Reading books